5 Reasons You Might Not Love April Macie (but all the reasons we do!)
- April cusses. A lot. If a strong, intelligent woman with a mouth on her is somehow offensive to your archaic ideals of a little woman in an apron making dinner, this will be a show you might want to skip. However, if the idea of a woman who can hold her own and shoot you straight floats your boat, this girl will be a breath of fresh air.
- April does not look like a comedian. Whatever you might think a comedian is supposed to look like, April is not it. Voted the “Funniest and Hottest” comedian by Howard Stern, April is just as funny as she is gorgeous and she’s not afraid of her talent or her looks. In her Tedx Talk on turning pain into humor, she addresses the comments she’s received about how sexy and put together she is. Turns out, people who look like magazine editors can be hilarious, too.
- April isn’t slowing down anytime soon. If you’re hoping to find someone low-key and on their way out, this girl is not it. As a finalist on NBC’s Last Comic Standing in 2006, April has taken the comedic world by storm. With appearances on E! Entertainment, Sirius Xm Radio, Access Hollywood, Talk Soup, and HLN, April is making a name for herself across the nation and on every comedy outlet available. She’s a regular guest on the Bob and Tom Show, has toured with the Bob and Tom All-Stars, and has appeared on Showtime’s I Am Comic, Vegas Is My Oyster, Snoop Dogg’s: Bad Girls of Comedy, and was the host of the AVN Awards. April has also appeared on Comedy Underground with Dave Attell on Comedy Central and Jenny McCarthy’s Dirty Sexy Funny on A&E.
- April Macie will push the boundaries. If you’re looking forward to a performance that stays between the lines, doesn’t rock the boat and stays relatively calm, you’ve come to the wrong place. April Macie will barrel right through whatever guardrails you may think are in place and suddenly, your beyond expectations!
- April is not going to apologize. Funny, smart and beautiful, April Macie is the total package and she’s not afraid to show it. She’s a little crazy and she totally knows it… in fact, she’s a little proud of it. But that’s just part of the fun. Check your expectations at the door, then come out to enjoy the insanity and buckle in for a wild ride this week, only at McCurdy’s!